London, EC1 & N1
Michelle Atterbury MBACP(ACCRED), FDAP.
General Counselling, Substance Misuse, Online and telephone Counselling, Counselling Supervision and Auricular Acupuncture.
I adhere to the BACP Ethical Frame work for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy and Online Counselling
- BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- FDAP (Federation of Drug and Alcohol Professionals)
- BAATN (Black and Asian Therapist Online)
- ACTO (Association for Counselling and Therapy Online)
- E.A.R register of Auricular Acupuncture practitioners
- UKIDCP (UK & Ireland Directory of Counselling Psychotherapy)
- Counselling Directory
- Person Centred counselling,
- Advanced Counselling,
- Alcohol and Drugs Counselling,
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Counselling Supervison
- Level 3 Online counselling skills
- NVQ3 in Health & Social Care
- Auricular Acupuncture Detoxification 5 point Yuan and 7 point Jing,
- Group CBT training certificate,
- L.G.B.T Awareness Training certificate
In a nutshell, I support people to work through emotional distress, change unwanted behaviours and thoughts, learn to tolerate uncertainty and accept their relationship with self and others.
I started my career 14 years ago working in the Health and Social care sector. I worked with clients suffering from substance misuse and clients suffering predominately with mental health concerns.
It's now been 11 years since I started my own private practice, which I successfully run today as a practising counsellor and auricular acupuncturist.
I work integrative as a counselling approach. This means I'm trained in more than one counselling model. It's important for me as a counsellor to treat clients with respect and as individuals. To do this, I use a combination of different counselling models and styles and tailor fit a model to support your individual needs and concerns.